Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Future is Bright

Your future is not determined by the conditions around you. It is determined by your faith, your choices, and your efforts.

- Elder Paul V. Johnson

 

Your future is bright because you make it so. Even if things seem to be tumbling around us there is a solid reason for looking forward to a bright future.

 

In my lifetime I have seen two world wars. … I have worked my way through the Depression and managed to go to law school while starting a young family at the same time. I have seen stock markets and world economics go crazy, and I have seen a few despots and tyrants go crazy, all of which causes quite a bit of trouble around the world in the process.

So I am frank to say tonight that I hope you won’t believe all the world’s difficulties have been wedged into your decade, or that things have never been worse than they are for you personally, or that they will never get better.

- President Howard W. Hunter

 

“People who go to work with faith, knowing the Lord will bless them if they do what’s right, are the ones with a bright future.

- Elder Paul V. Johnson

 

These might be challenging times but it’s not the first time there have been challenges. Good people of faith come through it and are better and stronger. That’s you!

So, go make yours a great life.

 

- “Make Yours a Great Life”, Elder Paul V. Johnson

1 comment:

Russ said...

Thanks for your great thoughts. The future is up to me. On the other hand, I do not believe that is is possible, as many folks tell us, that we can do ANYTING we want to do. I could have never played center in the NBA (too short, no vertical leap) even if I had worked and practiced for years. However,I could, and develop a pretty good outside shot and a move to the basket that let me play fair pickup basketball. I never learned to dribble or shoot very well with my right hand (I'm left-handed). Seems to me that we need to be practical as we choose our goals and desires in life.

Popular Posts