Sunday, December 13, 2009

You Did a Great Job

Sometimes you get recognition for a job well done and sometimes you don’t.

The ultimate recognition for a job well done is hearing the Lord say to you, “Come unto me ye blessed, for behold, your works have been the works of righteousness upon the face of the earth.”

All the sacrifice you are making to be righteous, all the service you are performing for others, all the effort learning and doing the Lord’s will, is all worth it.

Imagine how great it will feel when he tells you what a great job you did!

- Alma 5:16

1 comment:

Russ said...

Helo Damon:

Thanks for this thought. You are insightful and succinct. I think that the Lord says, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant" often when we meet expectations in our callings and in our lives. It is my personal opinion that He also says: "Now let me tell you what's next."
I think that if we have done our best in this life, when we arrive in Paradise, we will hear His voice again: "Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Now let me tell you what's next." I believe that we will hear the same words throughout eternity as we progress eternally.
I can't think of any words I would rather hear.

Popular Posts